Melaka Manipal Medical College (MMMC), Malaysia
The first thing comes in mind when you think of MBBS is Melaka Manipal Medical College(MMC). The first batch of MMBS students started their degree in September 1997.
MMMC is fruit of The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed in New Delhi, India between JVMC Corporation Sdn Bhd and Manipal Education & Medical Group (MEMG).
To date Manipal University has trained more than 2000 Malaysian doctors, which is the largest private university contributing to professional medical manpower in Malaysia. In 40 years MBBS degree in MMMC is approved by Malaysian’s Ministry of Education and recognised by The Malaysian Medical Council and Government of Malaysia. Furthermore MBBS from MMMC is also recognised by the Sri Lanka Medical Council. Melaka Manipal Medical College included in the WHO list of recognised medical colleges and also in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) of the Educational Commission for the Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) in February 2004.
How do I get there?
MMMC is heading to world class educational centre in a multicultural environment. The medical college address is Jalan Padang Jambu, Bukit Baru, 75150 Melaka, Malaysia.
MBBS in MMMC is oriented in following criterias
- Structured Academic Calendar
- Clinical skills training
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Objective Structured Practical Examination (OSPE)
- Self-Directed Learning (SDL)
- Objectivity in exams
- Clinically oriented questions
- Mentorship Programme
- Student Profile Card
- Specification Table
- Anatomy Prosection
- Personal and Professional Development class
- Help Desks after the orientation programme
- Learning portfolio for clinical students
- Incentive for 100% attendance
- Attendance credit for parade participation
- Faculty council meeting
- Core time and flexi time for staff
- Flexi-Saturday/ Research day
- Results on internet
- Mentored Student Project
Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery in Melaka Manipal Medical College (MMMC) is a two and a half year preclinical training course in Manipal followed by two and a half years of clinical training in Malaysia. The community health training is provided at various health centres in Melaka.
Those who are interested must have any of the following
- Three (3) Principal B or CGPA of 3.0 for three Science/ Mathematics subjects, that is Biology with Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics at STPM level
- CGPA of 3.0 for three Science/ Mathematics subjects, that is Biology with Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics in the Matriculation Examination conducted by the Malaysian Ministry of Education
- CGPA of 3.0 for three Science/ Mathematics subjects- Biology with Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics- in any qualification Recognised by the Malaysian Government as equivalent to STPM and Minimum of B4 for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics at SPM Level.
- Minimum of B4 for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics at SPM Level
Applicants must be proficient in English, healthy. In MMMC there are 2 in takes for MBBS; April and October.
Applicants should complete the application form and send it to Melaka Manipal Medical College along with non-refundable application processing fees in the form of a demand draft of RM500/ USD150 for foreign students, payable to JVMC Corporation towards processing fee.
Selected applicants will be required to possess valid international passport with visa endorsement for India.
MMMC employ the latest teaching techniques with extensive of modern technology. Manipal University has affiliations with industries across the spectrum. Manipal University has collaborated with foreign universities to help students in gaining skills to fulfil their dreams.
ASK OUR ADVISOR
If You Want to Study Medicine, We Can Help!